
Moen is crap. Our kitchen faucet, up until today, was a Moen. It sprung a leak in a valve, and so it was time to cruise up to the Home Depot. Here was our list of faucets we tried:
#1: FAILED. We bought a Delta faucet that looked like it might fit the bill, but once we got it home, it didn't curve high enough and it was ruled a failure. We returned that one to Home Depot.
#2: FAILED. Then we cruise over to Lowe's, and found a newer version of the same Moen faucet we had, which my wife really likes (the style). We bought it, I got home to put it together, and I was *shocked* at the poor quality of some of the valve fittings and hardware. One of the couplings was a SNAP-IN, PLASTIC part. It did not work, and after installation, I already spotted a slow leak at that plastic coupling. Bonk. Returned that one, too.
#3: SUCCESS. After returning that one, I decided that we weren't messing around anymore. I picked a Price Pfister faucet that was as close as possible to our original fixture, and I was very pleased. All-metal, brass, copper, and stainless steel on the parts. Good instructions, and a lifetime warranty. Thank you, we have a winner.
2 comments:
Man, I'm lucky if I can hang a picture on the wall successfully, let alone change out a faucet. Nice work!
Post a Comment